How to Automatically Login to XP
Windows XP contains a useful utility for changing User Accounts. Follow these steps to use it to automatically login to XP when your computer starts. Please note that in doing so you let anybody with access to your computer also have access to your files and settings.
- Open the Start menu and click Run
- Type control userpasswords2 and hit Enter
- Uncheck Users must enter a username and password to use this computer
- Click the Advanced tab and uncheck Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete if it isn't already unchecked
- Click OK
- When the dialog box pops up type in your username and password and click OK. If you don't have a password leave it blank
- Click OK and the next time your computer starts up it should automatically log you in.